Wednesday, April 30, 2008

60 Years


Hello everyone! Just last week my husband's grandparents celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary! That's amazing isn't it! We had a big party for them and brought in lots of friends and relatives from all over the place, they had a great time! I made this card for them using my favourite set, Baroque Motifs.

I used a Sahara Sand long note (from the 07 Spring mini) and stamped the swirly image on it in Sahara Sand. Then I stamped the small flower image in Perfect Plum. I stamped the diamond/square image on Whisper White cardstock in Perfect Plum and mounted it on Mellow Moss and Perfect Plum cardstock (this is my new fave colour combo I think!). It's probably not clear in the photo but I used my 2-Way glue pen and dazzling diamonds to highlight the centre and outer flecks of the diamond image, and the centres of the small flowers on the card. I think this was appropriate for their 'diamond wedding anniversary', even Grandad pointed that out! For the envelope I just stamped the swirly image in Sahara Sand and small flowers in Perfect Plum. You can't see it in the photo, but on the inside of the card I stamped a portion of the swirly stamp in the bottom corner in Sahara Sand and the word 'Cherish' in Perfect Plum. I really am enjoying this new stamp set (and the colour combo!).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sam gorgeous card, I love that set! Hey I've tagged you , see my blog for what to do!
love Kirrily

Megan Klinkenberg said...

Sam, So good to see you have got your blog up and running...well done! I think this card is really elegant. I haven't got this set yet! I am being tempted to buy it now. Megan

Anonymous said...

Love that set. Nice design Sam.
Sue