Saturday, May 17, 2008

Wild Little Gifts

Images © 1990-2008 Stampin' Up!®

I made these little gift containers (sour cream/sunny boy containers) for a workshop a few weeks ago. Marelle has a fantastic tutorial for how to put them together, here. These little containers are great for chocolates, lollies or even jewellery. For these two I've used the Wild About You stamp set (pg 66), this set is really good for children and babies (and big kids too!). You can use the images on their own (as I have done for the Tempting Turquoise one), or you can group them together (as I've done for the Whisper White one).

Once I stamped the cardstock and a scrap piece for the tag, and assembled the container (following Marelle's instructions), I punched out the tag (using the tag punch, pg 142) and attached it to the containers in two different ways. For the Tempting Turquoise one, I've punched a slit in the the top of the tag (using the double rectangle punch, pg 142) and threaded a small piece of Tempting Turquoise grosgrain ribbon through the slit. Finally, I secured this with a staple (only use this method if you have already put your gift in the container!). For the second one, I've used some of the Hodgepodge Hardware (pg 144) to secure the tag and the end of the container.

Have fun with these easy little gift containers! You can personalise them with any of the stamp sets, wheels or even designer series paper!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for your comments. Congradulations on your blog, it looks really good and your little boxes are so cute.
Well done.
Leah