Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Little Black Bird

Images© 1990-2008 Stampin' Up!®

Don't you just love this bird?! He's from the Always stamp set in the new Spring Mini catalogue (email me for your FREE copy). I've CASEd this card from Elisabeth, the only change I made was to use Purely Pomegranate double-stitched ribbon instead of Basic Black grosgrain (because I don't have it).

The base card is Basic Black cardstock and is A6 size. I've stamped the bird image in Basic Black ink on Whisper White cardstock with the berry image in Purely Pomegranate ink, I've then rounded the corners and mounted it on Purely Pomegranate cardstock onto the base card. I've stamped three other images from the Always set onto Whisper White cardstock and punched out with the 1 1/4 inch circle punch. I've used a pewter brad from the Hodgepodge Hardware in the middle of the flower image and popped the circles up on Stampin' Dimensionals on the Purely Pomegranate cardstock. I've cut a slit in the fold of the base card to slip the Purely Pomegranate double stitched ribbon through.

I hope you like this card as much as I did when I saw it! Happy stamping!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's stunning Sam really gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Fabulous card. The colours are great together.

Megan Klinkenberg said...

This is a really elegant card....well done!!

Karen McAlpine said...

Love this card Sam. The circles at the bottom work really well :)