Saturday, August 9, 2008

Project: Organise


Here's a project I've been working on for a few weeks now, it was a lot harder than I anticipated I have to say! I got the idea from Kirrily's tutorial and I suggest you go there for clear, concise instructions. The only extra tip I would add is not to use newspaper to sit the pieces on to dry, it tends to stick, some kind of hard plastic surface would probably be better. The actual organiser itself is by Kaiser and comes in seperate pieces for you to decorate and put together. (I got mine at the craft show in Sydney a couple of months ago but I have seen them in Spotlight and other craft stores too.

Before this organiser all my regularly used tools just kind of sat on a shelf in my cupboard, meaning I had to keep going back to find the things I needed (very frustrating!), so hopefully this will help a lot! I've used the Loves Me paper from the 2007 Summer mini but you could use any designer series paper. Please do check out Kirrily's, she has a much tidier finish than mine! Unfortunately, mine has ended up a bit rough looking (especially with the newspaper print on some of the pieces!)

The ribbon section is great for ribbon not on rolls, I've got some Taffeta ribbon and Double-Stitched ribbon in mine. The bigger holes are great for pens, pencils, markers, scissors, aguapainter and blender pens. The other sections are perfect for all the other tools and bits and pieces! I hope this inspires you! Show me pics of your own if you do make one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's come up great Sam! Looks fantastic and isn't it so good to use!!!