Tuesday, October 14, 2008

September Birthdays

I made cards for two birthdays in September, my mum's and my nephew's 21st.


Images © 1990-2008 Stampin' Up!®

This first card was for my mum. I've used Perfect Plum cardstock for the base card and stamped it with the stem image from the Always stamp set (Spring mini catalogue) in Perfect Plum ink. I've inked the heart image in Pale Plum and Perfect Plum ink using the "rock and roll" technique and stamped onto Whisper White cardstock, I mounted this onto Pale Plum cardstock using Stampin' Dimensionals and them adhered that onto the base card. Finally, I stamped the greeting from So Many Sayings (pg. 19) in Perfect Plum onto Whisper White cardstock and punched out with the word window punch (pg. 142).

Images © 1990-2008 Stampin' Up!®

The second card was the one for my nephew (I still can't believe his 21, and married with a son!) I've used Creamy Caramel and Chocolate Chip cardstock as well as Outlaw Designer Series Paper. I've used my Crop-A-Dile to add a Jumbo eyelet (pg. 145), which I've then tied wide Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon through (using two knots). I also distressed the edges on the DSP and the Chocolate Chip cardstock with my fingernail. The greeting is again from the So Many Sayings stamp set (a real must have, so handy), stamped in Chocolate Chip ink and punched out with the word window punch.

I hope you like them!

No comments: